Tuesday 1 July 2014

Voices

Voices in my head,

They just keep getting louder and louder,

And they’re all my enemies.

It’s like they have my brain hostage.

It makes me want to cry,

But I can’t.

The face must be firm.

No one must know.

These voices, they love to talk.

They go on and on and on...

They always have something new to say,

Something to make me feel bad

Or else vain.


But I know,

They are the children of loneliness,

Of emptiness,

Of having nothing to do

And no one to laugh with.

No one to want me and what I want.

No one to care. 

Only to sneer at me and smirk.

One day I’m too young to understand,

And the next, I’m being asked

Why I can’t understand

Something so simple.

Everybody is smarter.

Everybody knows more.

No one wants what I have.

I must have what everybody wants.


So I keep myself busy.

Busy with whatever I can.

For all the world’s a stage

And I’m just one

Of the common actors

Playing one among the crowd.

I just play my part faithfully.

I never get the lead.

That is for the smart people,

The ones who know everything.

I don’t know how to make

My way in this world,

Or in the world where

The voices come from.

I’m just me and I’m alone.

And that’s all I’ll ever be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment